Two days ago, Treasure Box had its 2nd anniversary. Banzaaaai!
I just want to thank the people who appreciate the posts on my blog. It is a pleasure to be able to know a lot of awesome people in the ani-blogging community here! I love how it has such a warm and friendly atmosphere. (Or am I just haven’t been exposed to the darker side of the community?) I’m not the most intellectual or critical or fun blogger and that’s why I’m so grateful for the people who leave comments on my posts and interact with me. But even if they don’t leave comments or just liked or did nothing at all, I’m thankful for those who at least read till the end of one of my posts as they tend to be a bit longer than some people’s. A lot of them are even filled with a kind of ridiculous amount of photos (especially my Up-To-Date posts). So, yup. Thank you!
Now that I’ve expressed my gratitude, may I present some of the random stuff about this blog as well as my goals for this blog.
Most viewed posts
I guess the home page having lots of views is a no-brainer.
The next one is my one and only post about Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare, and it’s for its an Up-To-Date post for ch27. Even now, it’s still one of my most favorite chapters because of Rio x Yuna.
Third is my first ever post on this blog. Kounodori is a Japanese medical drama, an adaptation of a manga with the same title. It’s been two years and I still love it for the characters and the various stories about pregnancy. The drama actually had its second season last year, but I haven’t finished it yet for various reasons. I’m certainly writing my reaction about it, though.
I wanted to have a lot of these posts as an excuse for fangirling over certain actors and actresses, but I haven’t written any after this post. Perhaps Mackenyu being casted in a lot more films — the Pacific Rim: Rising, Chihayafuru, Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure, Peach Girl, etc. — made people more curious of him. At the time of writing that, he hasn’t changed his name to Arata Mackenyu yet. I have seen some more of his works, so I need to update that soon.
And I guess there are some who wanted to read something about that Japanese rom-com drama It’s Not That I Can’t Marry, I Don’t Want To. My second drama series post is actually about that. Even now, I still get frustrated thinking about it. Sighs.
Month with most views – December 2017
52% of the views is all thanks to that Up-To-Date post about Furi Fura ch27. Even my search term has a lot of terms for this one. When I remember seeing the stats last year, I was amused because my post was written around the end of August, but not many visited it until December. I’m guessing that that was the time when Chibi Manga released their scanlation of the said chapter.
Weirdest search terms
At first I was weirded out by this one because there’s no Syaoran in Spirited Away! There’s Chihiro/Sen, Haku, Yubaba, and Boh, but no Syaoran. Then, I realized that the person who searched for this most probably saw my Irino Miyu post because he’s Syaoran’s and Haku’s seiyuu. (Speaking of him, I hope he gets back to voice acting soon! I really miss listening to his voice!)
This one is so funny to me! Yes, I had a post about D.N.Angel (more specifically about its OP song), but it’s not a Korean animation and it doesn’t have a character named Junta. I actually tried searching “korean dnangel junta” on Google and the fourth top link really do end up on my blog’s third page! It’s not like that if it’s typed as “dn angel” or “d.n.angel”, however.
I’m quite sure I never mentioned this word on this blog. But I’m really curious on which part of my blog that someone who was searching for biodata was led to.
I don’t understand why anyone would want this. I can’t even imagine how that person got to my blog using that search term.
Goals which I hopefully not get too lazy to pursue
As for my goals, well, I have some, though they’re not that specific and time-bound. I just want to post whenever I want (though I at least want to have one post per week) and to enjoy writing.
- I certainly want to improve my writing, however. One of my purpose for creating this blog is this one, but I’m struggling to determine if I”m getting better or not. Whenever I look at my older posts, I feel like they’re better. Anyhow, I want to express my “voice” more distinctly on my writings. Whenever I re-read some of my posts, I feel like there are times when I sound stiff. I want to be able to express myself more, and more specific, too! Like, I want to elaborate more on how I felt about a show, my likes and dislikes. It’s not going to be able to be easy to improve immediately, but I’m going to do my best.
- I also want to be able to post more about other Asian drama series, stage plays, and actors/actresses that I watch and follow. And I want to write feature posts, too!
- As I want to improve my skills in drawing/painting, I’m hoping to do more of them and to share them here as part of my Fanart Friday posts.
- Oh, and I actually have a lot of posts on my drafts (almost 40), but I haven’t finished much because I only add something to them whenever I feel like it, so I’m hoping I finally get to finish a lot of them.
- As blogging is something I do for leisure, I don’t want to be so strict of myself regarding schedules, but as I said earlier, I want to have a post up at least once a week. Thinking about it, they may mostly be Haikyuu Up-To-Date posts because I love spazzing over the chapter, especially now with its current arc. But I’ll still try to have interval posts between them.
For now, I’m just so excited to read a lot more interesting posts and to interact with more bloggers. The year is just starting (with the first quarter ending soon) and a lot of shows will come by, so I hope I’ll be able to contribute something valuable to the community. If you have any advices or constructive criticisms, please feel free to share it to me! Thank you!
これからも よろしく お願いします。